Fiat Mephistopheles color

Orso
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Team Lotus
Sweden

Re: Fiat Mephistopheles color

Post by Orso »

daniel wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:00 am Another question I have is the exhaust. There are pictures with a matt/rope wrapped exhaust and with a glossy not wrapped exhaust. Did they re-restore the car in modern times ??
Here is a picture from 1925 with a new radiator cowling and no exhaust pipe: https://oldmachinepress.com/2021/02/20/ ... s-lsr-car/

sky1911
Major Constructor
Major Constructor
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Jim Clark, Lotus
Germany

Post by sky1911 »

Basically you can do whatever with the car as it ran in so many different configurations over the years. I like the idea of a black car, however, as with almost everything black, details get lost in a black paintjob, which is why I would probably paint it red. But, of course, leave the Mefistofeles sticker unused. Also reading up on the story of the car and the Isotta Maybach... man, I love what they did back then. I mean... just by the pure figures of those cars. The Mefistofeles has about the same dimensions as my estate, even down to t with the weight, but beats it in power (depending on which figure you chose to believe - 300, 320, 350 by upto 115 hp) yet the estate will probably outrun it in every single discipline with the exception of fuel consumption (point of view really ;)). What really boggles my mind is that with all the power they added and the recurring theme of shredded tyres they never bothered to try adding a second set of tyres to the rear axle - like they did with the supercharged Auto Union Typ C a few years later.
Cheers,
Roman

Topic author
ah100m
F2
F2
Your Name: William Schmidt
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Rob Walker Racing
United States of America

Post by ah100m »

Roman-

Can you point me to any other references which show or describe different configurations? Books or on-line links?

Thanks

Bill

Topic author
ah100m
F2
F2
Your Name: William Schmidt
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Rob Walker Racing
United States of America

Post by ah100m »

Bump