OTHER Upcoming Racing Series Releases 2020

gp-models
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Re: OTHER Upcoming Racing Series Releases 2020

Post by gp-models »

sky1911 wrote:Basically all those who are waiting for the kit and are uncertain whether to buy it or not will wait until it gets released and reviewed / compared to the Trumpeter kit. If the verdict is top, then a buy may be on the cards. If it's same same but different, I guess it will rot on the shelves at that price ;). I'm hoping for the former.

That aside 12057 (935 1/12) is scheduled for end of October - mid November. Price ~130€ from what I saw. Nice. Definitely a buy for me.
Same here, will save my money for the Tamiya kit as i more likely want to build this 935 instead of a GT40 which is not my favorite car, would be nice to get one, but i would not spend so much on a model i don`t realy need.
Take a stand!

indycals
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Your Name: Indycals
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Lotus
United States of America

Post by indycals »

daniel wrote:
gp-models wrote:
leafs004 wrote:https://www.megahobby.com/products/ford ... -meng.html

Meng 1/12 gt40 available for preorder. Current eta is January 2021.
Mindblowing price at spotmodel! :shock: :shock:
https://www.spotmodel.com/product_info. ... s_id=53136
I still don't get the release of that kit since I can't justify to buy another GT40. The Trumpeter kit was not good but I think the Meng is not that much better. OK it is better but I still won't buy/build another one. But at that price I fear it will be the first and last 1/12 by Meng !?
I preordered from Hobby Easy $257 + $57 shipping to the US.

sky1911
Major Constructor
Major Constructor
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Jim Clark, Lotus
Germany

Post by sky1911 »

gp-models wrote: Same here, will save my money for the Tamiya kit as i more likely want to build this 935 instead of a GT40 which is not my favorite car, would be nice to get one, but i would not spend so much on a model i don`t realy need.
Just as a FYI
I just happened to run a search for the Tamiya rerelease of the 935 (now it's #12057) again today and saw it being listed as available (124,99€ with free shipping). So I had to pull the trigger, but could just about keep me from also picking up some more WW1 birds.
Anyway, the 935 is out in the wild and will probably be here by the weekend.

As for the GT40... Since I already have the Trumpeter kit, I can relax until I see the quality of the Meng :)
Cheers,
Roman