Upcoming Other Releases 2019

allnie
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Tyrrell. Lotus. McLaren.
Denmark

Re: PLASTIC Upcoming F1 Releases 2019

Post by allnie »

Looks like we get an engine. Question is "how much" engine do we get??
Br
Allan

stubeck
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Stewart Grand Prix
United States of America

Post by stubeck »

This is just a mockup by Hiroboy. Thats the 1/10th scale car. While we may get an engine I don't think this pic is official at all. The lack of number on the page is another indicator its not real.

flashman
Backmarker
Backmarker
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Tyrrell
United States of America

Post by flashman »

stubeck wrote:This is just a mockup by Hiroboy. Thats the 1/10th scale car. While we may get an engine I don't think this pic is official at all. The lack of number on the page is another indicator its not real.
While I understand wanting to be cautious, before jumping to that conclusion, I think should ask ourselves:

1. Is there cause to suspect that is not a genuine Tamiya image? Font matches rest of the image and what Tamiya has used in the past, and format of the info text also matches what Tamiya has used in the past. Sure, when the kit is released, it may have been changed from this image, but why think this image is faked?

2. Why would Hiroboy create a fake image and claim "authentic depictions of engine and suspension", especially if they had no info from Tamiya to support it? I would think that is pretty implausible for them to do something like that (unless someone remembers them having done that in the past that turned out to be wrong :?: ).

Just my 2 cents... :wink:

I agree with Allan:
allnie wrote:Looks like we get an engine. Question is "how much" engine do we get??
Cameron

stubeck
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
United States of America

Post by stubeck »

flashman wrote:
stubeck wrote:This is just a mockup by Hiroboy. Thats the 1/10th scale car. While we may get an engine I don't think this pic is official at all. The lack of number on the page is another indicator its not real.
While I understand wanting to be cautious, before jumping to that conclusion, I think should ask yourself:

1. Is there cause to suspect that is not a genuine Tamiya image? Font matches rest of the image and what Tamiya has used in the past, and format of the info text also matches what Tamiya has used in the past.

2. Why would Hiroboy create a fake image and claim "authentic depictions of engine and suspension", especially if they had no info from Tamiya to support it? I would think that is pretty implausible for them to do something like that (unless someone remembers them having done that in the past that turned out to be wrong :?: ).

Cameron
The big part that makes me know this isn't an official picture is the fact that the car pictured is the 1/10th scale car, and the boxes don't match the other two Toyota TS050 cars , 1/10th scale box (https://www.tamiyausa.com/shop/110-f-1g ... ing-ts050/) or the 1/32 scale box https://www.tamiyausa.com/shop/132-pro/ ... ing-ts050/. It does look like the older style box that Tamiya hasn't been fond of using for a while, and one which is pretty easy to copy from as the Tamiya font is a generic one. There isn't any Japanese on the box nor the kit number either. I'm pretty sure they copied the text from an old 1/24 scale sports car kit which is why its so basic.

I'm not saying the kit won't have an engine, but I am pretty confident this image was created by Hiroboy.

Gorf
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver
Your Name: Steve
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Lotus
United States of America

Post by Gorf »

The image is of a radio control version. Note the body mounting posts but here is something else to look at from Tamiya Blog.https://tamiyablog.com/2019/01/some-fut ... fair-2019/

flashman
Backmarker
Backmarker
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Tyrrell
United States of America

Post by flashman »

stubeck wrote:I'm not saying the kit won't have an engine, but I am pretty confident this image was created by Hiroboy.
OK, I see what you and Gorf mean. Thanks guys for responding.

But I'm still wondering why would Hiroboy create that image? Maybe they did it just to have an image for their website since the other online sellers don't have any image, and maybe they just forgot about the text in the upper corner, or thought (hoped) no one would look closely at it.

I suppose time will tell whether the kit does include an engine or not.

Cameron

stubeck
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
United States of America

Post by stubeck »

They want an image on their website. It makes it feel more real. They slap "preview" on it and then can upload the new pic in a week and no one will remember this.

racingkars
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ferrari
Netherlands

Post by racingkars »

flashman wrote:
While I understand wanting to be cautious, before jumping to that conclusion, I think should ask ourselves:

1. Is there cause to suspect that is not a genuine Tamiya image? Font matches rest of the image and what Tamiya has used in the past, and format of the info text also matches what Tamiya has used in the past. Sure, when the kit is released, it may have been changed from this image, but why think this image is faked?

I agree with Allan:
allnie wrote:Looks like we get an engine. Question is "how much" engine do we get??
Steve (owner of Hiroboy) admitted it's not the real box art.

Cameron
Kars

http://www.racingkars.nl (WIPs)
http://www.racingkars.com (sales)
Websites in Nederlands/English
English is not my native language, so sorry for any incorrect words or style... I have no intention to offend you.

vanhookvintage
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Your Name: vanhookvintage
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ferrari
United States of America

Post by vanhookvintage »

The Blog says "24349 1/24 Toyota TS050 Hybrid", and the blog photo is definitely different than Hiroboy, but I guess we'll have to wait for the Toy Fair for any more details. :D :D :D

Cheers,
Greg
"Everyone dreams of driving a Ferrari, it was my intent from the start." Enzo Ferrari

lezdep
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Senna
Canada

Post by lezdep »

Going to put another speculation down. Compared announced prices for Ford GT and TS050 models. TS050 is prices higher.
This gives an indication that detail level would be on par or better then in Ford GT kit. And that would mean some engine detail
to me. Unless licensing fees are so high that price had to be jacked up so much. We will find out soon, in a week or so.