willster127
F2 Champion
F2 Champion
Your Name: Lee
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Mclaren
United States of America

Re: Upcoming Other Releases 2019

Post by willster127 »

Looks fantastic, I don't think there is any engine detail at all, no exhausts are shown for example. Also, on the 2D schematic the parting line for the engine cover is different to the parts them selves. I'm thinking the piece that looks like a gearbox top with the wishbones attached is for the front end and makes up the bottom of the monocoque which would be visible from underneath.

My next question is will someone do decals so we can model the 2017 car?? I'd like to do a Davidson version!!!
Last edited by willster127 on Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

CTurbert
Backmarker
Backmarker

Post by CTurbert »

willster127 wrote:Looks fantastic, I don't think there is any engine detail at all, no exhausts are shown for example. Also, on the 2D schematic the parting line for the engine cover is different to the parts them selves. I'm thinking the piece that looks like a gearbox top with the wishbones attached is for the front end and makes up the bottom of the monocoque which would be visible from underneath.

My next question is will someone do decals so we can model the 2017 and 2018 cars?? I'd like to do a Davidson version!!!
I agree. I hate to be a downer but I think we're only getting the gearbox assembly. The gearbox halves seem to terminate where an engine would normally be. The parts on the top right above the chassis floor appear to be aero/chassis components. And you're right about there being no exhausts, radiators, etc. Despite this, I am still going to preorder it. According to spotmodel the cost of the kit will be comparable to the SF70H.

Fredo84
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Post by Fredo84 »

Look's like Italieri is coming up with a Rebox of a Renault RE23 turbo...

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/italeri ... o--1193817
Attachments
1193817-12910-99-pristine.jpg

stubeck
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Stewart Grand Prix
United States of America

Post by stubeck »

willster127 wrote:Looks fantastic, I don't think there is any engine detail at all, no exhausts are shown for example. Also, on the 2D schematic the parting line for the engine cover is different to the parts them selves. I'm thinking the piece that looks like a gearbox top with the wishbones attached is for the front end and makes up the bottom of the monocoque which would be visible from underneath.

My next question is will someone do decals so we can model the 2017 car?? I'd like to do a Davidson version!!!
They'll be decals for all of the years I'm sure!

scaleautofactory
Midfield
Midfield
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: LH44
Germany

Post by scaleautofactory »

simple engine box - no details - no exhaust pipes...

Zoom:
1 = "Engine"
2 = upper gearbox cover
3 = gearbox

CTurbert
Backmarker
Backmarker

Post by CTurbert »

Looks like the engine "block" slides in to the gearbox which is very similar to how the rear of the SF70H monocoque slides in to its gearbox. Oh well!

Flemming
Major Constructor
Major Constructor
Your Name: Flemming
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Jackie Stewart - Tyrrell
Denmark

Post by Flemming »

Hi

There is a market for the additional decal manufacturers:

I have found missing:

'TOTAL' above the numberplates
24H le Mans alongside 'Total'
WEC logo on sides and front body.
They are represented with white rectangular decals only.

Missing engine. Who cares? I have not seen a single picture of it. Anywhere.

Flemming

CTurbert
Backmarker
Backmarker

Post by CTurbert »

Video showing the contents of the Tamiya TS050 kit + instruction manual. It looks a little more difficult than the SF70H with some pretty complex masking, but appears to be highly detailed despite having no engine. The kit is due out this month! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDa0OMeQdXE&t=153s

Here's a PDF of the manual: https://www.scalemates.com/products/img ... ctions.pdf

willster127
F2 Champion
F2 Champion
Your Name: Lee
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Mclaren
United States of America

Post by willster127 »

CTurbert wrote:Video showing the contents of the Tamiya TS050 kit + instruction manual. It looks a little more difficult than the SF70H with some pretty complex masking, but appears to be highly detailed despite having no engine. The kit is due out this month! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDa0OMeQdXE&t=153s

Here's a PDF of the manual: https://www.scalemates.com/products/img ... ctions.pdf
Wow, Not sure if I want to tackle this thing or not!!! Looks like an amazing kit but that paintjob is serious!!!

stubeck
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Stewart Grand Prix
United States of America

Post by stubeck »

My TS050 pre-order from Hobbyeasy shipped a few days ago. I plan to build it up once it gets here. I know I'm not of the skill level as most of you but I'll post a WIP.