steinietrabi
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Your Name: Thomas
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Williams, Ferrari, McLaren... Michael Schumacher
Germany

Las Vegas night race 2023

Post by steinietrabi »

BREAKING: F1 to host night race in Las Vegas from 2023!
The race will take place on Saturday night (11 pm US time), around 7 am CET.

What do you think?
I'm a little conflicted... again a street circuit, again a night race and again USA.
But I still find it interesting and I'm also looking forward to the hustle and bustle around the event and maybe it's really time to travel to the USA.

FPJRE3dakAQAXqy.jpeg
Greetings Thomas

bossy122
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion

Re: Las Vegas night race 2023

Post by bossy122 »

It worked so well in '81 and '82 ; )

Topic author
steinietrabi
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Germany

Post by steinietrabi »

bossy122 wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 11:42 pm It worked so well in '81 and '82 ; )
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I think the organization is different today...
The new course is supposed to be more than 6km long and not just lead across the parking lot. After the drivers voted (there was also a promotional video), many were enthusiastic about it.
Greetings Thomas

F1tommy
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Niki Lauda Brabham Alfa
United States of America

Post by F1tommy »

Kind of funny, but they now have 3 F1 races in the southern US, but most of their fan base is in the northern US. I guess they are expected to go to Canada for their GP.

stubeck
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Stewart Grand Prix
United States of America

Post by stubeck »

Its a bit telling that the FIA leadership either really don't understand basic geography or time zones in the US, or are simply lying liars who are lying about the start time of the race. I have no issue with the race being in Las Vegas, or the US having a third race (Italy gets three...), but to have a 10 PM PST start to the race while stating you're prioritizing start times for the US is just a simple lie. The start time is to prioritize Europe as this is a 6 AM BST start. I'm certainly not staying up to 1 AM to watch the start of the race here on the east coast.

F1tommy
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Niki Lauda Brabham Alfa
United States of America

Post by F1tommy »

stubeck wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 9:48 am Its a bit telling that the FIA leadership either really don't understand basic geography or time zones in the US, or are simply lying liars who are lying about the start time of the race. I have no issue with the race being in Las Vegas, or the US having a third race (Italy gets three...), but to have a 10 PM PST start to the race while stating you're prioritizing start times for the US is just a simple lie. The start time is to prioritize Europe as this is a 6 AM BST start. I'm certainly not staying up to 1 AM to watch the start of the race here on the east coast.
Well Vegas gets mighty hot in the summer, so a late start time would help a little. Atleast the cars are starting to look and sound alot better. We have had some of the ugliest worst sounding contraptions flying around tracks for almost 15 years. This years cars are much needed and way past due.

Topic author
steinietrabi
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Germany

Post by steinietrabi »

That's true for the east coast, it's a crappy time.
The problem with starting on Saturday (local time) is that it's supposed to be a night race and that can't be done on Sunday because of the time difference.
All countries in the east would also be disadvantaged here because you would get into Monday.

I have to say there could be better times for Europe too :roll:
Watching F1 before breakfast egg on Sunday isn't bad, but I have to say I love to sleep in a little longer than on weekdays. :lol: :lol:
A great time I think it's only for the Japanese as F1 euphoric people... :mrgreen:
Greetings Thomas

stubeck
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Stewart Grand Prix
United States of America

Post by stubeck »

F1tommy wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 10:15 am
stubeck wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 9:48 am Its a bit telling that the FIA leadership either really don't understand basic geography or time zones in the US, or are simply lying liars who are lying about the start time of the race. I have no issue with the race being in Las Vegas, or the US having a third race (Italy gets three...), but to have a 10 PM PST start to the race while stating you're prioritizing start times for the US is just a simple lie. The start time is to prioritize Europe as this is a 6 AM BST start. I'm certainly not staying up to 1 AM to watch the start of the race here on the east coast.
Well Vegas gets mighty hot in the summer, so a late start time would help a little. Atleast the cars are starting to look and sound alot better. We have had some of the ugliest worst sounding contraptions flying around tracks for almost 15 years. This years cars are much needed and way past due.
Its a night race in November. I suspect they're going to be surprised how cold it gets at night there.

I suspect when those in F1 see the start time on the east coast, the race will be moved up to 7 or 8 PM. Its dark by 6 PM that time of year so having it at 10 is literally just to help Europe.

f1m
FIA President
FIA President
Your Name: Eric Aitala
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ferrari
United States of America

Post by f1m »

Ugh, we really don't need another race in he US...

DrE

racingkars
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ferrari
Netherlands

Post by racingkars »

f1m wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 1:37 pm Ugh, we really don't need another race in he US...

DrE
Agree. :!: :mrgreen:
Kars

http://www.racingkars.nl (WIPs)
http://www.racingkars.com (sales)
Websites in Nederlands/English
English is not my native language, so sorry for any incorrect words or style... I have no intention to offend you.