F1 News and Info

tubegenius
World Champion
World Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Honda powered teams
United States of America

Re: Mazepin out at Haas

Post by tubegenius »

If Andretti started as a new team with Renault power, would they be limited to Renault approved drivers? If they bought Haas with Ferrari power, same question. I would rather they had a sovereign team, who pick their own drivers. Either way, they still have to prove to the "elites" that they are worthy, and can add value, before they are admitted. :roll: :roll: :roll:

SeanMAIN
Best of the Rest
Best of the Rest
Your Name: Me
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: My wife. Just kidding!
United States of America

Post by SeanMAIN »

I am quite sure that if Andretti had anything to do with Hass, they’d give him some room to do as he likes.

stubeck
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Stewart Grand Prix
United States of America

Post by stubeck »

donnieleblanc wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 1:16 pm Agree with selling Haas. Haas fizzled rather quickly, and while that’s not historically uncommon for new entrants, it seems like they are just there to be there at this point.
They stopped development of the car last year, and had the same issues a lot of the teams had in previous years where their improvements didn't help at all (think Ferrari in 2019 had this issue too). I wouldn't base their current form on much. I think we will see some improvement this year, and if we don't, I think they'd sell to Andretti.

Topic author
donnieleblanc
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Post by donnieleblanc »

https://www.espn.com/f1/story/_/id/334 ... -back-haas

I find the latter part of the story interesting. Mazepin made the statement that he is looking to get back into F1. My guess is F1 is over for him. I can’t see any way Mazepin would even be in F1 without Uralkali’s (dad’s) money. The photo scandal prior to last season almost got him sacked then. It didn’t because of significant financial backing. Regardless of how bad the car was last year, he was awful especially when compared to Schumacher. Can’t see how he gets back into F1.

SeanMAIN
Best of the Rest
Best of the Rest
Your Name: Me
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: My wife. Just kidding!
United States of America

Post by SeanMAIN »

Let’s hope he doesn’t end up here, in IndyCar. We’ve come so far.

MoFo
FOTA Vice Chairman
FOTA Vice Chairman

Post by MoFo »

...and K-Mag is in at Haas.

Understandable that they went with a known talent for development, but a bit of a shame that, as few seats as there are in F1, they didn't bring in any new blood. Though really, the average new driver is kinda doomed at Haas anyway.
Je ne regrette rien.

Seiiki
Team Owner
Team Owner
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Fangio
Canada

Post by Seiiki »

MoFo wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 3:47 pm ...and K-Mag is in at Haas.

Understandable that they went with a known talent for development, but a bit of a shame that, as few seats as there are in F1, they didn't bring in any new blood. Though really, the average new driver is kinda doomed at Haas anyway.
It is his experience in F1 and the team that really counts the most. Also he will provide much higher competition for Mick as a more measurable yardstick.
Canice

BMW
Major Constructor
Major Constructor
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ferrari, Alfa Romeo
Switzerland

Post by BMW »

That is true. He is a known quantity, the trouble is the quantity he is known for is not great.
I would have preferred Fittipaldi two young and good drivers might move HAAS upward.
Currently building:
Alfa Romeo 159 (since 2021)
Recently finished:
Renault R30 (since 2010)

stubeck
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Stewart Grand Prix
United States of America

Post by stubeck »

I think his speed shouldn't be discounted, he got a podium in his first start. This was during McLarens "its not the car, it has to be the drivers" blame culture and so much of F1 is being in the right car at the right time (look at Perez). I do wish we had more young drivers, but with essentially a ban on in person testing, thats why we have the grid we have today.

indycals
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Your Name: Indycals
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Lotus
United States of America

Post by indycals »

SeanMAIN wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 1:43 pm Let’s hope he doesn’t end up here, in IndyCar. We’ve come so far.
I believe his dad has officially been put on the Oligarch frozen asset list. He's done. And frankly I'm sick of his bitching about having his dreams dashed. There's 40 million Ukrainians with more severely dashed dreams thanks in part to his daddy.