F2 Champion
F2 Champion
Your Name: Hugo Pring
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: McLaren
Great Britain

Re: 2022 F1 Team CARS presentation

Post by Hugeprong »

They all look amazing this year.

The colour scheme makes the Ferrari looks like the 640 at first glance!

Badi
Backmarker
Backmarker
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Pierre Gasly
Brazil

Post by Badi »

vekkuli
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Stake Sauber
Finland

Post by vekkuli »

JamesB wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 3:51 am

If they are fine, I´d really like the pre-2000 approach of red body, black CF wings. It´d also help disguise the "CARS" shapes of wings... :D

FIA(T) could make a new Formula: The blackened ( not the Mettallicca pic ) Wings for the Esthetics :mrgreen: .

Topic author
JamesB
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by JamesB »

:D It’s more like the 643 to me

tubegenius
World Champion
World Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Honda powered teams
United States of America

Post by tubegenius »

Every car looks10 times better than the last decade of ugliness we have been subjected to. The larger tires do help to disguise the skateboard wheelbase look. My favorite teams were always Honda powered. Now that they are gone, I can root for the best looking cars, which so far is Ferrari and Aston Martin. Although I never liked the idea of calling it Aston Martin, without an AM engine, nor Alfa Romeo, nor when Red Bull had Infiniti branding on a car with a Renault engine. Blatantly deceptive, but that is the way it is. Seems like the most important prize is not the WDC or WCC but the WBC (World Branding Championship)

tubegenius
World Champion
World Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Honda powered teams
United States of America

Post by tubegenius »

tubegenius wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 5:20 pm Every car looks10 times better than the last decade of ugliness we have been subjected to. The larger tires do help to disguise the skateboard wheelbase look. My favorite teams were always Honda powered. Now that they are gone, I can root for the best looking cars, which so far is Ferrari and Aston Martin. Although I never liked the idea of calling it Aston Martin, without an AM engine, nor Alfa Romeo, nor when Red Bull had Infiniti branding on a car with a Renault engine. Blatantly deceptive, but that is the way it is. Seems like the most important prize is not the WDC or WCC but the WBC (World Branding Championship) Edit: Alpha Tauri looks great too. Good to see F-1 cars being eye candy again, as well as technological showcases.

43rdMichael
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by 43rdMichael »

JamesB wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 5:00 am
43rdMichael wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 4:38 am Looks like a render over the aston..?
Nooooo wayyy :D !! It´s quite different. No (significant!) undercuts on the Ferrari, different air intakes, both radiator and engine, block square sidepods.... the only common thing would be the gills IMHO :wink:
Yes, that makes sense. I hadn’t taken a good enough look. 🤭😬

ringleheim
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Post by ringleheim »

JamesB wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 2:19 pm :D It’s more like the 643 to me
It reminds me of ANY of the 1980s and first half of the '90s cars...and what I've been wanting them to return to for decades!

Nice, proper, dark red, all black wings.

If only it still had the old white/yellow/black AGIP sponsorship decals!

The car is the ONLY F1 car I have been excited about in many years.

I am REALLY hoping Tamiya gives us one in 1/20....or 1/12. I can dream, can't I?

Topic author
JamesB
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by JamesB »

Yes guys as some of us said, they look like a new series. In fact they are. Bodywork wise, differences are bigger than, for instance, F1 and Indy in mid 80s.
I am also REALLY happy those dozens of small winglets are out. It was absolute nonsense.
Now if someone had the idea of making teams use other than CF for front wings. It´s stupid (for dangerous) that any small contact ends with broken wings and lots of small, hard, sharp debris.
Anyway, NIIICE cars.
Now let´ssee the MERC!

cbk57
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver
Your Name: Scott Huber
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Mercedes, Lewis Hamilton
United States of America

Post by cbk57 »

The cars look better and are visibly different which is interesting, we have narrow body, narrow tail, narrow body wide tail, wide body wide tail as with Alfa Tauri above, and wide body narrow tail, then we have Ferrari doing wide inward sloping body to narrow tail. At least as far as body designs goes we may have winners and losers on that basis alone. Some of these combinations may not be as good as others, however the negative to that is that is if certain configurations have an advantage in one or two years they are all going to look the same.

Even if the bodies over time start to look more alike, these cars look better cosmetically than we have seen in many years. Hopefully the racing is good.