F1 News and Info

F1tommy
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Niki Lauda Brabham Alfa
United States of America

Re: 2022 F1 Team CARS presentation

Post by F1tommy »

From the Oracle Red Bull Racing presentation, "Alot of changes before the first race". I do like the car alot better than the recent F1 contraptions. Hope they don't mess up the looks to bad over the season.

Maybe the best looking cars since 2007 or even back to 1993(pre high nose). We have had some really bad looking cars for way to many years now. This is a good break, although I don't think the less grip and big tires/wheels are going to go over to well with the drivers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgxplLuex0w&t=2s

tifosi157
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Post by tifosi157 »

Interesting to see HRC on the car, instead of honda

Topic author
JamesB
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by JamesB »

sky1911 wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 6:16 am James, being a former graphic designer myself, I still like some views, see above. I agree the square and angular shapes of yesteryear were awesome and seemed to say "future", (...)
Ahem, sorry about the jab at graphic designers :lol: :wink: er, wait, I´ve worked on that too! :mrgreen: :lol:
Oh well, I like the RBR. There seems to be VERY little room for variation so the cars might look quite similar. :roll: :roll: er... we´ve said that before, right??? :lol:
I feel a bit as in 2009, when the lack of badass looking aero structure meant to milk every drop of performance from the rules, made the cars look a bit decaffeinated... a bit like a lesser formula. But really much prettier than back then.
I don´t dislike the big rims, as long as they come with wheel covers.
And yes, I also noted the HRC logo, interesting. Well supposedly HRC is an independent company, AFAIK so its a good way to withdraw-but-not-withdraw.
And besides HAM has all but confirmed he´ll race, so nice season in prospect.
Can´t wait to see the next car
PS. I supose it´s clear but... they did not have a real car there but a VR graphic, right?

smirkoff
Major Constructor
Major Constructor

Post by smirkoff »

Errr.... the RB18 wasn't the RB18.... it's the FIA mockup again. So frustrating!!! They say "new car launch", but it's just the "same livery as always" launch...

Topic author
JamesB
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by JamesB »

Yep. Press tips it as ¨2022 livery presented on FIA ´s car" and they´re quite right

PS. I have to repeat the question, please someone enlighten me! :D was it a real phisical car or just a digital render??? :roll: :roll:

smirkoff
Major Constructor
Major Constructor

Post by smirkoff »

The Red Bull was a real showcar. There's a video of Newey talking tech generalities about 2022 around that showcar, in the RB factory. The Haas was a digital render. They say the Aston Martin today will be the first real 2022 car to be seen...

F1tommy
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
United States of America

Post by F1tommy »

Aston Martin presentation...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyAkF6I9r-I

F1tommy
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
United States of America

Post by F1tommy »

Not a bad "real" 2022 car. I think the big tires will get those cute little front wheel wings removed after the first race when a few tires degrade leaving carbon fiber flying everywhere.

Good looking cars this season, until they mess them up??? I hope not.

Hugeprong
F2 Champion
F2 Champion
Your Name: Hugo Pring
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: McLaren
Great Britain

Post by Hugeprong »

I agree.

The best looking cars for quite a while. I always thought raised noses were ugly so I would say these cars could be the best-looking since 1992.

This Aston looks gorgeous but anything would probably look good in that colour scheme, even the Mclaren MP4/10 (my vote as the ugliest F1 car ever!!)

Whilst mentioning ugly Mclarens, did you see the (approximately) 1/12 "2022" Mclaren launched this week by Lego? £160.

Topic author
JamesB
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by JamesB »

smirkoff wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 8:55 am The Red Bull was a real showcar. There's a video of Newey talking tech generalities about 2022 around that showcar, in the RB factory. The Haas was a digital render. They say the Aston Martin today will be the first real 2022 car to be seen...
THanks Marcos... I really thought, by the way it was blurred, it was a VR car inserted there as they do with a chroma in so many TV programs...