Je ne regrette rien.

stubeck
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Stewart Grand Prix
United States of America

Re: 2021 Car Reveals

Post by stubeck »

Its a bit of an offyear for upgrades. Despite the teams budgets staying largely the same, for cost reasons they've been limited as to what they can actually upgrade. Teams running previous years parts (Aston Martin/Alpha Tauri) can take the parts from their parent team without using the upgrade tokens.

JamesB
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by JamesB »

Er... it seems we´re all "far from excited" (to say it mildly) by the new cars presentations, right? :D

I am less than impresses I admit. And I still say I'd chop almost a meter off these buses.
Though I must admit the Rena... sorry, ALPINE has caught my attention. Nice, brave livery. I do like. Since they did not get anything nice from the yellow (see 1983 RE40) , good the did this. Nice.
The Red Bull is... very Red Bull. I wont make the joke "Red Dull"...
The Merc, well, a bit of change but maybe I preferred full black. I hate the hundreds of small almost invisible logos.
And that's all so far... what you think?

tubegenius
World Champion
World Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Honda powered teams
United States of America

Post by tubegenius »

Mercedes should ALWAYS be predominately SILVER. The Alpine looks pretty good, with the blue reminding me of the French heritage ala Ligier. The "shark fins" ruin the looks of these cars, as well as the exaggerated length and wheelbase. You can "unsee" the halo after awhile, but not the other stuff.

petrov27
Backmarker
Backmarker

Post by petrov27 »

So far the only one I like better vs. last years is the Alpine. I have to agree on the overall look of the cars not appealing to me - the proportions just look strange. Oddly the halo doesn't bother me at all at this point and I like the look of it better than the Indycar windscreen.

DasWiesel
Formula e
Formula e
Your Name: Julian
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Sauber
Germany

Post by DasWiesel »

Those car reveals are almost everything I really take notice of. I stopped watching F1 years ago, when they introduced that "handle for trashing". For me, this was just the last drop in a loooong line of a development for the worse.
I am missing the true motorsport and passion in F1, all that´s left is an advertisement platform for car manufacterers. That nonsense hybrid stuff is killing F1.

Now I have a look at the reveals each year, hoping to see any development back to true and pure F1 motorsport and get disappointed each and every year.

There are some nice liveries here and there, Alpine isn´t bad at all, but the cars! :cry:
Even the nicest livery just won´t help cars with the wheelbase of a railway carriage.

JamesB
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by JamesB »

Well, not particularly original surprising, but that alone is a positive, no weird ugly looking livery. I talk about the Aston Martin sure :D Relatively nice. The pink or rather magenta touches are discrete enough.
The HAAS I do like, there´s some kind of retro-classic american racing touch to it. While I write this I have a Minardi M188 at 1-2near the computer, j0, sitting on the printer just level with my eyes, so it looks as if seen from track side. Argh... comparisons are devastating!! :cry: :oops: :lol: :lol:

smirkoff
Major Constructor
Major Constructor

Post by smirkoff »

I just have known that the Williams launch have been hacked, so I deleted the link here. My apologies.
Last edited by smirkoff on Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Topic author
MoFo
FOTA Vice Chairman
FOTA Vice Chairman

Post by MoFo »

JamesB wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:26 am The HAAS I do like, there´s some kind of retro-classic american racing touch to it.
Err, it's the Russian flag.
Je ne regrette rien.

JamesB
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by JamesB »

MoFo wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:29 pm
Err, it's the Russian flag.
Ah!!! :shock: rr, right... Mazepin!!! I get it, sorry!! :lol: :lol: