Major Constructor
Major Constructor
Your Name: Pete Johnson
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Lotus Jim Clark
United States of America

Re: VETTEL FOR ASTON! confirmed, Perez out

Post by PeteJ »

stubeck wrote:
f1rob wrote:So now Vettel will be spinning off the track in the pink Mercedes (or whatever color the livery will be next year).

4 times champion or not, he has consistently shown that unless he is in the best car, and gets preferential treatment, he is a lesser driver than most of the field. Once again being shown up by a less experienced young driver.

I hope Checo gets a good drive!
Its a fact he needs a car with lots of corner exit traction, I think its quite unfair to say he's a worse driver than 75% of the field.

He was a great driver but he is getting a bit long in the tooth. It is always sad to see a great talent deteriorate to the level of an "also ran". He should have had the sense to retire when he was better. Become the new Niki Lauda behind the scenes as a talent development coach. An old gladiator dyeing on the field of battle is a sad sight.

tehSAC
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Re: VETTEL FOR ASTON! confirmed, Perez out

Post by tehSAC »

f1rob wrote:So now Vettel will be spinning off the track in the pink Mercedes (or whatever color the livery will be next year).

4 times champion or not, he has consistently shown that unless he is in the best car, and gets preferential treatment, he is a lesser driver than most of the field. Once again being shown up by a less experienced young driver.

I hope Checo gets a good drive!
Glad im not the only one that thinks this.